Hospitals can enhance patient-centered care and decrease health promotion costs by using data analysis to conduct customer-based market segmentation through the following steps:
- Analyze patient data from electronic medical record (EMR) systems
- Segment customer market based on similarities among patients
- Identify homogenous clusters that are “at risk” or “at benefit”
- Develop interventions that target unique patient segments
- Improve Value by providing high quality care at a reduced cost
For more information Contact: Bita Kash ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Citation: Swenson, E. R., Bastian, N. D., & Nembhard, H. B. (2016). Data analytics in health promotion: Health market segmentation and classification of total joint replacement surgery patients. Expert Systems With Applications, 118-129.